I love a good piece of Banana Bread – don’t you? Well, unless I’m talking to my husband, but I already knew he was a little weird! This recipe is one of my favorites to make. It always comes out really delicious.
1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup plus 2 TBS sugar
1/2 cup oil
3 1/2 bananas, very ripe, mashed
2 TBS creme fraiche or sour cream
1 tsp vanilla
2/3 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped (optional)
1. Set oven to 350′. Line the bottom of a loaf pan with parchment paper (or spray with cooking spray)
2. Sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
3. Beat sugar and eggs with a whisk until light and fluffy, about 10 minutes. Drizzle in oil. Add mashed bananas, creme fraiche/sour cream, and vanilla.
4. Fold in dry ingredients and nuts.
5. Pour into a lined loaf pan and bake for about 45 minutes to 1 hour
* This last time I made this recipe I accidentally forgot the sugar until after I poured it into the loaf pan – thankfully I remembered and was able to pour it back into the bowl and mix the sugar in. Bread turned out great!
* I made one loaf of bread out of the above recipe. It took 1 hr and 40 minutes to fully cook. I checked it every 10 minutes after the first hour.
* You can make 42 muffins using 1/3 cup of batter in each cup. I used Greek Yogurt instead of Sour Cream and each muffin is 194 calories.
* I don’t care for nuts in my bread, so I leave them out.
* My friend Priscilla just recently told me about this trick, and it WORKS – try it out! When you take your bread out of the oven take it out of the pan and only let it cool for about 10 minutes. Then wrap tightly in foil – yes, while it’s still hot. Do not put in a ziplock bag. It will keep the bread moist and delicious – no need for slathering it with butter!
Make it a GRATE day!