This trifle is the perfect dessert for a hot summers day. It’s light and refreshing! I love that this recipe uses ALL of each ingredient called for. You won’t have 1/2 a can of (fill in the blank) left over at the end. This recipe can be thrown together in under 30 minutes and it is great to make early in the day and served at dinner.
Personally I LOVE my Pampered Chef Trifle Bowl – it comes apart and has a lid for easy traveling. But any trifle bowl will work just fine.
This original recipe can be found in The Pampered Chef’s Spring Summer 2010 Season’s Best Recipe Collection.
Strawberry Coconut Tres Leches Trifle
1 lb fresh strawberries
3 pkg 3 0z each Soft Lady Fingers or 1 Family Size Pound Cake
1 can (14 oz) Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 can (14 oz) Unsweetened Coconut Milk
1 8oz container sour cream
1 pkg (3.3oz) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling
1 tsp Korintje Cinnamon
1. Set aside one (or three!) large strawberries for garnish later on. Remove green stem from strawberry and slice the rest of the strawberries – I used my egg slicer again!
2. Cut lady fingers into 1 inch pieces OR if you’re going to use pound cake (like I did, and what I prefer) You will want to slice the pound cake long ways in half
Then Cut it into strips – I usually get about 4 strips out of the loaf
Then cut it into cubes
3, Whisk together 1/2 cup of condensed milk, 2/3 cup of the coocnut milk and the 8 oz of sour cream.
4. Add Lady Fingers or Pound Cake into above mixture and GENTLY toss – just enough to coat.
5. Attach open star tip to Easy Accent Decorator and fill with 1 cup of the whipped topping.
6. Combine pudding mix, remaining coconut milk, remaining sweetened condensed milk and cinnamon
7. Gently fold in the remaining whipped topping – until just mixed. DO NOT OVER MIX.
8. PUTTING THE TRIFLE TOGETHER:
Add about 1/2 of the lady finger/pound cake mixture to the bottom of your trifle bowl.
Then add about 1/2 of the strawberries. You can get creative if you’d like to and line them up around the bowl and make it pretty, but I usually don’t.
Then take 1/2 of the pudding mixture and pour it over the berries.
Repeat layers. Smooth top as much as you can.
9. Take your Easy Accent Decorator and draw lines across the top of your trifle – usually about 4-5 and then turn 1/2 way and draw lines going the other way.
You’re going to top it with a sliced strawberry or three! Here’s how you do it:
Take your egg slicer and have your strawberry stand on it’s end
SLOWLY start slicing the strawberry – DO NOT GO ALL THE WAY THROUGH
At this point you will gently push the strawberry back towards the white part of your slicer or away from the wires.
Then you will have a strawberry with cuts in it. You will gently twist the strawberry with your fingers until it fans out.
And there you have it – a SIMPLE gorgeous easy dessert that is a crowd pleaser!
Make it a GRATE Day!