Our Baby Journey….Part 1

Last week was National Infertility Awareness Week, and while I have never blogged about our baby journey I felt it was time for me to do so.  So here goes nothing!  (There is some TMI in this post, if you’re offended easily, stop reading now )

I had already known that we might have some problems getting pregnant because it runs in the family….I know I know….I’m the second of 11 children….but I was also a Clomid baby.  My mom had problems getting pregnant with the first 3 of her children, the rest just came “naturally” to her.

So our journey started in January 2009. We had been married just around 7 months and had been talking a little bit about “starting” to try and get pregnant.   We hadn’t stopped using protection at this point, and talked about officially starting around our 1 year anniversary.  So on that Friday afternoon I thought that I was just starting a monthly cycle, put my feminine products on and didn’t think anything of it. Brian and I snuggled up on the couch and watched a movie.  At the end of the movie I stood up to go get ready for bed and I felt a huge “gush”. I ended up bleeding through all of my feminine products and even on the couch. I went and cleaned up, still not thinking anything different. We went to bed, and I ended up having to change out tampons and pads every 15-20 minutes that night.  I could tell I was weak and it was taking all my strength to get in and out of bed and off the toilet.  About 4 am I went in the bathroom to again change everything and ended up passing a gray tissue that was about 4-5 inches long by 2-3 inches wide.  I wish I had enough sense about me at the time to have kept it and have it looked at.  But I didn’t, I ended up flushing it and headed back to bed. FINALLY I was able to sleep for a few hours and the bleeding slowed down.  Brian had to go to work the next morning, but  I could tell he was worried and wanted to take me to the hospital.  I woke up about 7:30 that next morning and made it to the bathroom to change again, and noticed the bleeding had slowed down quite a bit, I was pasty white, I’m talking scary white.  I ended up sitting on the couch for most of the morning and called Brian’s mom to see if she could drive me down to Brian’s work so he could take me to the hospital.  We planned for her to pick me up closer to noon.  The bleeding ended up stopping all together around 11 a.m. but because I was so weak I felt it would still be good to go get checked out.

We got to the hospital and they did a vaginal ultrasound and said that it must have just been a cyst that burst, but they really had no clue. They sent me home and wanted me to check in with my OBGYN for a followup.  No pregnancy test was taken, nothing was done except that ultrasound.

It took me a few days to feel back to “normal”  And I really didn’t think anything more about it.

*Watch for part 2 soon.

Make it a Grate Day!



6 thoughts on “Our Baby Journey….Part 1

  1. Pingback: Our Baby Journey….Part 2 | A Peculiar Kitchen

  2. Pingback: Our Baby Journey…….Part 3 | A Peculiar Kitchen

  3. Pingback: Our Baby Journey…..Part 4 | A Peculiar Kitchen

  4. Pingback: Our Baby Journey…..Part 5 | A Peculiar Kitchen

  5. Pingback: Our Baby Journey…..part 5.2 | A Peculiar Kitchen

  6. Pingback: Our Baby Journey……Part 6 | A Peculiar Kitchen

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s